English Job Interview #3-Questions
English Job Interview Questions
As early as possible start preparing for your for the interview. Good homework will definitely equal better results at your English job interview. The first bit of preparation is familiarising yourself with the types of questions you will encounter in the interview so that you can start to mentally prepare yourself. Here is a list of all the English job interview questions that we’ll prepare for during the workshop. In the following parts of the workshop, we’ll go into deeper detail for each question.
• Tell me about yourself.
• How did you hear about this position?
• Why do you want to work at this company?
• Why do you want this job?
• What should i know that’s not on your resume?
Questions about your Work Style:
• What’s your current salary?
• What are you looking for in a new position?
• What type of work environment do you prefer?
• What’s your work style?
• What’s your management style?
• How do you like to be managed?
• How would your boss and coworkers describe you?
• How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?
Questions about your Strengths:
• Why should we hire you?
• What can you bring to the company?
• What are your greatest strengths?
• What is your greatest professional achievement?
• Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership skills.
• What makes you unique?
Questions about your Goals
• Do you consider yourself successful?
• Where do you see yourself in five years?
• How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
• What’s your dream job?
• What do you like to do outside of work?
• Are you planning on having children?
• How do you prioritize your work?
• What are you passionate about?
• What motivates you?
• What are your pet peeves?
• What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work, and how you dealt
• With it. What’s a time you disagreed with a decision that was made at work?
• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
• Tell me about a time you failed.
• Why are you leaving your current job?
• Why were you fired?
• Why was there a gap in your employment?
• Can you explain why you changed career paths?
• What do you like least about your job?
• What would your first 30, 60, or 90 days look like in this role?
• What are your salary expectations?
• What do you think we could do better or differently?
• When can you start?
• Are you willing to relocate?
• What other companies are you interviewing with?
• Is there anything else you’d like us to know?
• Do you have any questions for us?
- Download the eBook. The eBook contains the entire English Job Interview Workshop in one convenient pdf
- Talk to a professional. English with Ken can help you one-on-one to perfect your interview skills and give you the practise and confidence you need.
Want to learn more? Download the entire series in one convenient eBook for free!